In the winter months it is important to take good care of ourselves and boost your immune system as much as possible. Prepare a quick, nutritious, delicious stir-fry with our great range of non-stick woks.
A stir-fry is an easy way to boost your 5-a-day and with so many veggies thought to have immune boosting qualities, we think it is best to make the most of them!
Check out our top 10 immune boosting veggie below as well as some tips for how to turn them into a scrumptious stir-fry.
- Citrus fruits - most citrus fruits are high in vitamin C which is thought to help increase production of white blood cells to help fight infection. A squeeze of lemon or lime will add a nice bit of zing to your stir-fry and most of us will have a lemon or lime in the fridge.
- Red Bell peppers - This colourful veggie packs almost 3 times as much vitamin C as eating an orange! Plus, they are a good source of beta carotene which help to keep your skin and eyes healthy.
- Broccoli - these green trees are referred to as a ‘superfood’ by many as they are full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Chopped up and thrown in a stir-fry with some reduced salt soy sauce and you’ve got a recipe for a yummy meal.
- Garlic - a staple in most Asian cuisine and packing a flavour punch.
- Ginger - love it or hate it, ginger can help with sore throats and inflammatory diseases. Cook some ginger with honey, soy sauce and garlic in a wok for a flavour sensation of a stir-fry!
- Spinach - this leafy green is full of vitamin C, antioxidants and beta carotene. It also makes for a great bulking ingredient if you are sort on other veggies.
- Carrots - they probably won’t help you see in the dark but they can help to boost your immune system! Another veggie loaded with immune boosting vitamins and minerals.
- Nuts and seeds - ok so not quite a vegetable but these crunchy little guys are full of goodness, including Zinc and can add a lovely texture to a stirfry, scatter a handful on top when serving for an extra shot of immunity boosting goodness.
- Beans and legumes - the perfect alternative to meat and fish if your a vegetarian or joining in with Veganuary. They are jam-packed with B vitamins and also a great source of fibre.
- Sweet potato - a great alternative to the standard potato and full of vitamin A.
Add a selection of these immune boosting veggies to your stir-fry in one of our non-stick woks, also available with a standable lid, for a quick and easy meal. We recommend keeping some reduced salt soy sauce in the house to add extra flavour to your food along with number 4 and 5 on our list - garlic and ginger.
Of course, no immune boosting veg or fruit is a cure for disease so please consult a doctor if you are feeling unwell or have symptoms.
Shop our full range of woks today.